Saturday, November 24, 2007

Kellon the Musician

Kellon, although he is only 2, is already starting to take an interest in music. His parents are obviously quite happy about this. The story goes like this:

We were given a "child's" drumset (the one in the picture) by some friends last spring. Kellon immediately took to that drumset and played it up to 2 full hours a day. He played it constantly. We actually were OK with the noise somewhat because we saw that he was really having a lot of fun.

I guess it was around his first birthday that Kellon really started playing the piano. He would sit on either my or Lisa's (or anyone, for that matter) knee and really plunk away. It was evident that he was really listening to what he was hearing, and focusing on the different sounds of the notes. This is really fun to watch!
Lisa and I decided to get him a little guitar for his birthday. He loves his guitar and he's so careful with it! He ALWAYS puts it away in the box that it came in.

Since Lisa and I were able to get a new computer a few months ago, I've been able to get back to doing some recording of some scratch songs here at home. Every time he hears one of my tunes come on he says "daddy's songs." He likes to play along with "daddy's songs" on the electronic drumset that I borrowed from my colleague at school. He actually keeps a semi-decent beat. I don't know much about how a two-year old should be playing drums, but Lisa and I are constantly impressed with how he keeps time and puts little beats together.

Don't worry though! It'll be at least another year before we officially start him with formal music lessons. I'm hopeful that he'll really be a good musician!

6 comments:

Jason said...

Wow, it sounds like you've got quite the child prodigy there! I'm sure he is in the best hands possible to fully develop his potential...

Adam and Raechell said...

Amen! I agree, what a blessing that young man is and will be to our world at large! He's just amazing.

Online Byline said...

Wow...the suit, the piano...looks alot like his daddy!

Bill Jaggers said...

Very cool.

grandma said...

Kellon is a very gifted child. Mommy and daddy should be proud parents. Kellon has been blessed with the gift of music, great looks and a smile that could win anyone's heart.

Tasha Lehman said...

I'll have to look through my cds and find the video of Kellon and Chase playing a beautiful tune on the piano and drumset and put it on our blog. I just love the pics of him in the suit at the piano!